Sunday 18 August 2013

Live Simple

My room is a mess. Total chaos. For me it's organised chaos though, I may have to step over things and wade through my clothes, but I still know exactly where to find everything. However it doesn't look good when I have people over, so today I decided to turn up the music and get sorting through the masses of clothes to see what I could get rid of. Turns out I was more successful in getting a workout through dancing then actually tidying up, and to add to the clean-up fail I ended up cutting up old clothes into 'new' clothes and didn't get rid of anything at all..


Left and Right: Old tee turned into tank top
Right: High-waisted shorts made from old jeans

If you want to give the top a go; 

  1. Grab an old tshirt or buy one from your local thrift shop
  2. Try it on, while wearing it use a marker and mark up where you would like the neck line to drop to, and where you would like the tassels to reach up to (I did mine just above the belly button)
  3. Use another singlet to mark up a neck line so you have a perfect half circle not a lopsided disaster where you have to re-cut and re-cut till you get it right (by the time you get it right it will be a bit indecent to wear)
  4. You can also use the singlet to mark where you would like to cut off the sleeves, or you can just follow the existing sleeve line
  5. Cut off the bottom hem
  6. Cut in your tassels, they don't have to be in a perfect line, messy looks cool with this design
  7. Tie a little knot at the end of each tassel, add beads before if you wish
  8. VoilĂ ! You have a new tank top!


So while it was a fairly unproductive clean-up mission, I'm still pretty stoked with the outcome! Next weekend I might try cleaning again (I mean painting the shorts like a galaxy).

No comments:

Post a Comment